19 Nov Telstra Confirms It Will Stock Google’s New Nexus 5
Traditionally, Google’s own branded Nexus range of devices have been sold exclusively through Google’s Google Play store in Australia.
However, with the release of the latest smartphone in the Nexus range, the Nexus 5, this is set to change with Telstra announcing they will be stocking the device. In a blog post, Director of Device Management at Telstra, Andrew Volard, announced the news, stating that the Nexus 5 will be available from Tuesday 26 November and is available for online pre-order now.
Telstra is the first, and may potentially be the only Australian Telco to stock the device.
The Nexus 5 offers users some great hardware, with:
- 5inch, full HD screen with 1920 X 1080 (445 ppi) resolution
- 8 MP rear-facing camera with image stablisation and HDR+ technology
- Wireless charging with Qi- compatible chargers
The device also comes shipped with the latest update to the Android OS, Android KitKat 4.4, which brings a whole host of new features and improvements including:
- Improvements to Google Now
- Upgrades to Caller ID and the Dialer app
- Allowing applications to be viewed full screen, hiding the Android UI (Immersive Mode)
- Dedicated SMS app merged into Google Hangouts
- Full featured Photo Editor
- Optimised to run on handsets with as little as 512MB of RAM
For more information about the Nexus 5 or Android KitKat 4.4 check out our post here.
For more information about the availability and plans with Telstra, gives us a call on 1300 721 281 or send us an email at sales [at] phonenomena [dot] com [dot] au