01 Jun The Samsung Galaxy S3 Reaches Australia
Telstra have announced that the hotly anticipated Galaxy S3 is now available on the Telstra network.
If you’re itching to get your hands on the latest addition to the Galaxy family, Phonenomena expects to receive stock next week (the S3 is currently under constraint). If you can’t wait that long, the S3 is available at select Telstra stores across Australia.
The Galaxy S3 offers a wide range of exciting software features, as well as a quad core processor and giant 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED display.
For a quick recap, the S3 offers the following features:
[list style=”list1″ color=”green”]
- 1.4GHz Quad-core Exynos Processor, 1GB RAM
- 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display with a 720p resolution
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- HSPA+ connectivity
- 8-megapixels rear-facing camera
- 1.9 megapixels front-facing camera
- 2,100mAh removable battery
- Choice of 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, which is expandable to an additional 64GB with a microSD card
- Weighs 133 grams and 8.6 millimeters thick
- Choice of ‘Marble White’ and ‘Pebble Blue’ for the case.
One thing to note, is that the S3 will not be compatible with Australia’s 4G network, with Samsung shipping only the 3G model. However, it seems a 4G model is in the works for Australia in the future. The only question remains when:
Pricing & Availability
The 16GB, white S3 is available for purchase, with the Pebble Blue model expected to be available in the coming weeks.
Business customers can purchase the Samsung GALAXY S III for $17 per month (after using their MRO bonus) on the $59 Business Mobile Maximiser MRO plan for 24 months. As part of the $100 Bonus Mobile Credit Offer, from now until 2 July 2012 Telstra Business customers taking up the Samsung Galaxy S III on a $59 Business Mobile Maximiser MRO plan for 24 months will receive an additional once-off $100 credit. (Minimum cost including the $100 credit is $1,724.). *